Global Graphics has launched Version 2.0 of the Jaws PDF Desktop Suite, a comprehensive PDF solution in one easy-to-use package for the single user, small office and enterprise. Platform support has been added for Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007 to this popular tool that combines Jaws PDF Creator and Jaws PDF Editor into a single installer to provide high-quality PDF creation, assembly, merge, mark-up and forms-fill.
James Bidewell, Global Graphics’ sales director for eDocument Technologies says, “The Jaws PDF Desktop Suite has been designed to give the majority of PDF users the set of features they need for everyday use, whether they need to create PDFs to archive receipts from on-line purchases, or work in an office where they need to comment on and mark up PDF files that they exchange with colleagues. PDF useage is broadening and the Jaws PDF Desktop Suite is an easy-to use and cost-effective tool that has proved very popular because of its price and feature set. Version 2.0 of the Desktop Suite combines the latest versions of Jaws PDF Creator and Jaws PDF Editor together, that’s Version 5.0 of Jaws PDF Creator and Version 4.0 of Jaws PDF Editor. Based on the feedback we’ve had from our users they will welcome the updated platform support that we have added.”
The Jaws PDF Desktop Suite v.2.0 builds on an already powerful range of functions. For only 89 USD/69 Euro/47GBP (SRP) users can create high-quality PDF files, use powerful commenting tools such as sticky notes, a highlight pen, underline and strikeout, and can easily format and assemble PDF files by inserting, extracting, rotating and deleting pages. Document navigation can be enhanced through bookmark creation and formatting tools. Features include:
- Easy PDF creation from any Microsoft® Windows® application
- ‘One click’ creation from Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files
- View, navigate, search and print PDF files. You can Navigate via bookmarks, the page list, thumbnails, or links and search for words or phrases in the file.
- Review and mark up with comments: you can create, edit, save and import and export comments directly in a PDF file. Mark-up tools include Note,Highlight, Strikeout, and Underline each with an associated pop-up comment window to add additional information. Additionally, users can share comments among other reviewers using import and export comments.
- Assemble PDF files: document assembly tools include Insert, Delete, Reorder, Rotate, and Extract pages. File Open settings determine how the document displays when opened. Users can add, delete, format and rearrange bookmarks to enhance navigation. The Finish DocumentWizard steps through a checklist of settings to prepare the file for distribution.
- Form-fill and import/export form data: fill out a PDF form, edit, save, print, e-mail and import and export field data once you’ve finished.
- Secure PDF files using 128-bit encryption
Platform support and availability
The Jaws PDF Desktop Suite is compatible with the PDF specification up to 1.6, and runs on: Windows® XP, Windows XP x64 and Windows Vista; Windows 2003 Server and Windows 2003 Server x64; Windows Terminal Services on Windows 2003 Server; Citrix Presentation Server 4.0/4.5 on Windows 2003 Server; (Creator only) Microsoft Office XP,2003 and 2007; (Creator only) MacOS X (up to 10.4 PowerPC only).
The Jaws PDF Desktop suite can also be purchased on-line at http://www.jawspdf.com. The Jaws PDF Suites are available from Global Graphics’ Authorized Resellers. A full list can be found at http://www.jawspdf.com.
A high resolution splash screen image and image diagrams can be downloaded from the Global Graphics photo library at http://www.globalgraphics.com/company/news/library/diagrams.html
To review the Jaws PDF Desktop Suite please email your request to [<a href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org</a>]
About Global Graphics:
Global Graphics Software http://www.globalgraphics.com) is the technology expert for open document and print solutions committed to the continuous development of industry standards. It is a leading developer and supplier of sophisticated high performance RIPs, PDF document, workflow and color solutions mostly to a customer base of Independent Hardware Vendors, system integrators, software developers and resellers. These partners include the world’s leading vendors of digital pre-press systems, large-format color printers, color proofing systems, copiers and printers for the corporate and SOHO markets and software applications. Jaws PDF creation tools have been developed since the format’s inception in 1993. Global Graphics Software is a subsidiary of Global Graphics S.A. (Euronext:GLOG)
Global Graphics, the smarter alternative, Jaws, the Jaws logo, Jaws PDF Editor and Jaws PDF Creator are trademarks of Global Graphics Software Limited which may be registered in certain jurisdictions. Global Graphics is a trademark of Global Graphics S.A. which may be registered in certain jurisdictions. Adobe, Acrobat and PostScript are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated which may be registered in certain jurisdictions. All other brand and product names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners. Global Graphics makes no warranty and accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of information or particulars in this document.